Before you can enable Direct Routing for users, you’ll need to have configured it at the organization level. This will include configuring an on-premises Session Border Controller (SBC) or use settings provided by a telephony provider that offers a Direct Routing service. Followed by configuring voice routing, emergency calling, and if necessary, high-availability functionality.
After configuring your organization to support Direct Routing, you will then need to perform the following tasks to enable functionality for users:
- Assign required licenses for Teams with Direct Routing
- Enable a user for enterprise voice services
- Assign a telephone number to a user
- Enable voicemail for a user
- Assign a voice routing policy to a user